Monday, January 16, 2012

We Love Us Some Bobby Deen

OK, so this is my inaugural blog post (yay!), and it seems appropriate to cover something else inaugural - like my first foray into the wonder that is Southern cooking (which some have claimed makes you good looking; given the vast amounts of butter involved, I have my doubts). Since moving here to the South, I have tried lots of new things, most of which I have come to love (pig pickin' anyone?), with the notable exception of cane syrup. Also, I confess to not loving my first pimento cheese experience, but have subsequently learned that not all pimento cheese is created equal (thank you, Anna). So, one of my favorite people in the Universe (I'm looking at you, Joleen Kremin - literally, you're sitting right next to me) is here visiting, and we were watching an episode of "Not my Mama's Meals," featuring "lighter and leaner" pimento cheese sandwiches. Needless to say, we were intrigued. However, given that it was Sunday, and desiring to remain unspotted, we waited until Monday and visited the local Wal-Mart to scout out the necessary ingredients. And may I just say, I now officially love me some Bobby Deen and cannot wait for another pimento cheese sandwich.
Here we are (complete with fun aprons) preparing for our awesome pimento cheese experience.
Ingredients assembled (certain spices not pictured - this blogging thing is a work in progress for me).
After some team chopping, grating, measuring and mixing...
Add some tomato slices (not being a lover of store-bought tomatoes, I was doubtful about this, but it was delicious!) Don't you love my fine china?
Grill 'em up (we skipped Bobby's suggestion to use light mayonnaise on the outside of the bread and used Pam instead - aren't they brown and beautiful?)
The finished product - so yummy (you know you want one... and maybe one of these...)
Yep, we love us some Bobby Deen!



2 comments:

  1. MMMMMM!!! Country cookin with Bobby Deen makes you (and your possible future posterity) GOOD LOOKIN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the pic of you girls!! also, let's go back to diprados. also, yay for this new blog! so pumped about it.

    ReplyDelete

Followers